SeeS Song of the Week

CT HIP HOP BLOG - SONG OF THE WEEK - "GET UP AND RUN" - SEES MUSIC

Saturday, April 2, 2016

CT ARTIST - SCALEZ THE GREAT

 
Be sure to check out Scalez new project 10 Emotions! DROPPING SOON!! 

(Bio: Courtesy of Scalez)
Devone (Scalezthegreat) Ford
Artist/Producer/Engineer/Song Writer Of Bandit Life Entertainment

(Scalezthegreat) born Devone Ford of Hartford Connecticut, has been at one with music since thee age of 9 he says as he recalls his first set of drums as a child. "I remember when my godmother opened the box and there it was" he says.
Growing up in Hartford Connecticuts north end  was rough he says, so the only outlets he had to stay away from a lot of the street activities was his love for basketball and music. My best friend T. Spivey, kind of started me rapping actually. He would be in house parties starting cyphers freestyling and he was good, so i idolized him for it. I started playing around with my words noticing i had good vocab skills so i took it a little more serious. As years passed by though Scalezthegreat began to fall backwards into what he says was just plain street life.
I had a older cousin that was getting paid. The more cars, clothes, and jewlery I seen the more enticed i became. I slacked off school and basketball and fell into the drug game in the blink of an eye. I was comfortable but like they say, its only two outcomes of the street life jail or death. So when he was handed 10 years from the federal government on posessions charges it came as a reality check and a lesson well learned.
9 years and 6 months I lost of real life that i cant get back but at the same time it was a way to really fill my passion for music, I had all the time in the world on my hands to write and hone my craft as an artist. I dont have punch lines, I have real life bars its a difference. Facts of life is how i deliver my craft.
As if rapping wasnt enough upon his release, Scalezthegreat hooked up with his godbrother Brynt Cole, an independent Producer out of Hartford Connecticut that showed him how to produce beats using FL Studios which Scalezthegreat says started a blueprint to his music.
To this day I dont know how my godbrother is not signed to a label for his production. His music is great and everything hes taught me im greatful. As his student I got big shoes to fill but trying is worth it.
The two got together for Scalezthegreats album titled "The Great D Pression" which produced street bangers such as "Dedication", and "In My Zone" which showed the magic of Scalezthegreat's Dolomite type bars making him one of Connecticuts promising Artists on the rise.
As CEO of Bandit Life Entertainment Scalezthegreat has his own line up of certified artists with his "Green Meanie Bandits" brethrens including his blood relative Davon (Napalm Tha Don) Wright, Nardi Tha K.I.D, Guilty, and Krack Ko Kane. Together they are considered to be todays Mobb Deep, Wu Tang, and CNN all over again.
With music on almost every social media site including Youtube, Twitter, Reverbnation, Spotify, Tune Core, Facebook, Soundcloud, Coast 2 Coast, Spinnup, Datpiff, and many more Scalezthegreat quotes my music speaks for itself its great but it means nothing if no one knows me. Social media is a start, but now its time to make me and my brand a household name.
With high expectations waiting for his new album "Deception" to drop this January 2016, Scalezthegreat says he feels great about the release and ends with his catchy slogan,
 Yay Yayyyyy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Official CT Hip Hop Blog!!! Thanks for your support Connecticut! Stay tuned for more information on "The Conn-viction Tapes"!